The website http://www.switchmyloan.com.au/ (The Website) is operated by SwitchMyLoan Pty Ltd (ABN: 23155529605) (SwitchMyLoan). SwitchMyLoan is committed to maintaining your privacy by dealing with personal information in accordance with all applicable laws as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
1. Use and Disclosure
SwitchMyLoan uses and discloses your personal information for the primary purposes of which it is collected. We may collect your and disclose your personal information for these primary purposes as provided below:
1. Provide you access to products and services by SwitchMyLoan, and also the products and services of third parties provided or introduced to you by SwitchMyLoan such as/but not limited to lenders, licenced finance brokers, brokers, banks, credit unions;
2. Decide whether to supply products and services to you;
3. To comply with or as required or permitted by all laws that are applicable to SwitchMyLoan;
4. To market our products and services, and those products and services of third parties such as/but not limited to licenced finance brokers, brokers, banks, credit unions;
5. To respond to any enquiries you have;
6. For purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of goods and services to you;
7. To communicate with you, including email, mail or telephone;
8. To verify your identity;
2. The types of personal information that SwitchMyLoan collects includes, but not limited to;
1. Your full name;
2. Your e-mail address;
3. Your contact phone numbers;
4. Your postcode;
5. Your current financial institution(s) that you currently have services with;
6. The type of product and services offered by SwitchMyLoan and third parties products and services that are provided by SwitchMyLoan;
7. Your current employment details;
8. The current value of your assets such as/but not limited to you, the value of your house(s), motor vehicles, other assets which you own which have value;
9. The amount of liabilities that you hold such as but not limited to, the amount of housing loan(s), personal loans, other loans, credit cards, student loans or any other liabilities;
10. The amount of borrowers you wish to make your enquiry with, and their names;
11. Your income;
12. Number of dependants you have, and
13. Any other information we ask you for or which you provide in using our goods or services.
In addition, we may collect information (such as your email address), from visits to switchmyloan.com.au to subscribe to our e-mail newsletter.
We also may collect statistical information about how you use the site such as;
• a record of your IP address;
• the date and time of your visit to this web site;
• the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
• The length of time you spend on a particular area on our website
• the referring web page; and
• if you contact us, the type of browser and operating system that you use.
3. SwitchMyLoan only collects and discloses your person information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the NPP (National Privacy Principles)
SwitchMyLoan discloses your personal information in the following circumstances;
1. Where we have your consent to disclose your personal information
2. To our third parties, such as finance service providers, associates, banks, and lenders, in order to provide you the service you have requested
3. By court subpoena or as otherwise required by law
SwitchMyLoan may disclose personal information to institutions and in order to meet your specific needs in using our goods and services and to third party organisations whose goods and services you may require, contractors or agents who provide services to SwitchMyLoan, so we can then deliver our service to you and to service providers of Information Technology used by us.
Where your personal information is disclosed, we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with the National Privacy Principles and other applicable privacy laws and codes.
In some circumstances we are entitled to disclose your personal information to third parties without your authorisation such as law enforcement agencies or government agencies.
SwitchMyLoan seeks to deal with reputable third parties such as banks, credit unions, mortgage brokers. However SwitchMyLoan cannot control, and will not be made liable on, how your personal information is used after it has been sent with your consent to the third party.
We also collect statistical data, that contains no personal identifiable information about how users use switchmyloan.com.au The statistical information that we collect may be disclosed to third parties, the information we provide to third parties, contains no peronsally identifiable information.
4. Use of your Email Address
SwitchMyLoan may use your email address to;
Provide you access to our newsletters;
Send you emails from time to time on the progress of the dealings with third parties whom which you have consented to be contacted by;
Send you a survey about your dealings with third parties, after you have used their products or services;
5. Data Security
Any personal information that you submit to SwitchMyLoan, and that is subsequently held in our databases, is held securely. It is designed to only be accessed by staff, employees who have authorised access of SwitchMyLoan. While SwitchMyLoan has taken reasonable steps to ensure the data you provide us through this website, and through any means, e-mail, telephone conversation transcripts, we do not warrant it will free of any errors, interruptions, or accessed on a fraudulent basis.
Access and Amendment of Personal Information
If your personal information is stored by SwitchMyLoan, you may:
• view your personal information; and/or
In limited circumstances, SwitchMyLoan may refuse your request to access, in which case, you will be given a reason for that refusal. SwitchMyLoan is not required to provide access where, without limitation:
• denying access is required or authorised by law; or
• providing access would be unlawful.
7. Further information on privacy
For more information about privacy issues in Australian, visit the Australian Federal Policy Commissioner’s website.