Marlene Drummond Smith is optimistic about the property market
1. What makes Mallison Real Estate different from other real estate agencies?
Mallison Real Estate is one of the largest offices south of the river. We manage properties all over Perth and are situated in Leeming and Canning Vale. The boutique brand is well respected and the team is hard working, efficient and work by a core set of company values.
2. Do you believe now is a good time for Australians to invest in a property?
I feel real estate makes a great investment option and when key criteria are considered when buying, property will work well buyers who hold on and work to plan. The market has been quiet over the last few years and the interest levels have picked up lately. Low interest rates, shortage of homes and increase in population is keeping our home opens busy with homebuyers and investors.
3. What are the popular suburbs first homebuyers tend to gravitate towards based on your experience?
My experience is mainly South of the river and I find many of them looking in Cannington, Queens Park, Thornlie, Gosnells, Kelmscott, Baldivis, Success and the new suburbs of Harrisdale and Piara Waters.
4. Do you believe that age is relevant when it comes to taking out a first home loan?
Age is only import in time frame for saving deposit and work history. There are young first homebuyers and also some waiting until later in life. Its never too early or too late to buy your first property.
5. What advice would you make to Australian first homebuyers?
Pick your suburbs well and think of the long term use of your property. Many first homebuyers sell after short period when they have purchased too far away from work or have bought a home that they can’t grow into. (ie. expanding family)
The best thing is to compare home loans from different banks side by side. Pick which product you want with which bank, then ask yourself whether or not to opt for a deal with or without a package. Use SwitchMyLoan’s powerful home loan comparison tool below and start comparing now:
Or call us on 1300 307 155 and speak to one of our Customer Service Specialists to get a free quote!
Latest posts by Matt Ikin (see all)
- Variable vs Fixed Home Loans – Which one is right for me? - December 5, 2014
- Mortgage Tips for Borrowers - November 20, 2014
- 5 Hot Tips for Getting the Most from Your Home Open - October 8, 2014